Cartoon Network's Adult Swim Can Get A Little "Out There" ~ Random Waves of Insight
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cartoon Network's Adult Swim Can Get A Little "Out There"



I was channel surfing last night and came across some programming on Cartoon Network within a block they call "Adult Swim." I've watched a few of those shows off and on for years, but some are just way too bizarre. But they can also be fun if you're in that kind of mood.

One of the shows last night was called, "Perfect Hair Forever." I'm not sure what it's about, but from what I can gather it's a spoof of all kinds of Anime with no solid plot. The gags, though, seemed to make up for that. I think it's the kind of show where if you're really tired and out of it, it might entertain. The colors of one of the characters' hair kept changing and looked pretty psychedelic.

I became interested when the main character, an apparently balding teen with a comb over, was meditating and then decided to begin a quest to achieve the 9th level of power. I thought, "Cool!" Then he got sidetracked by a bear, and I lost interest. Oh well. But now I know something. If I'm ever in the mood for some random animated weirdness, I can tune to Cartoon Network at around midnight on the weekend. Score.

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: