Chuck, Yes! Heroes, Yes! JourneyMan, Aww... ~ Random Waves of Insight
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Monday, October 29, 2007

Chuck, Yes! Heroes, Yes! JourneyMan, Aww...

:) :) :(


I was reading the information on tonight's NBC 3-hour lineup, and "Chuck" and "Heroes" both sounded pretty good. But then "JourneyMan"'s info comes along, and says, "Everything's all messed up for our hero, and his life is falling apart! Stay tuned..." It just seems like a huge downer.

When I read a book, or watch a movie, I enjoy a nice, uplifting ending. That's just the way I am. Some people think it's fancier or more artistic to have a tragic ending, but I don't really enjoy walking away from something with a bad feeling. I like things to end on a good note. That's exactly why I was mildly disturbed by the way the three NBC shows were organized. It's like, "Are they trying to make me stop watching 'JourneyMan'?"

I'll be watching "Chuck" tonight, and thinking, "Awesome! I love this show." It really is great. Follow that up with the amazing "Heroes," which thankfully is still going strong... And then "JourneyMan," with a cool concept, but full of major bummers no matter where you look. Why isn't there anything good to focus on? Sure, he's helping the timeline, and allowing people to improve their lives, but the main focus on each episode is how his condition is impacting him, and in a negative way. And a lot of his and his wife's "suffering" just seems unnecessary. I find it difficult to pity them, because it feels like they're just causing their own problems, and have no one to blame but themselves.

So for two hours tonight, I'll be cheering NBC on. And then for the third...I don't know how I'll feel. Maybe JM will surprise me. Let's hope. (Sarcastically:) 'Cause TV is my life!!

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: