I Like Smallville's New Directorial Style ~ Random Waves of Insight
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Thursday, October 25, 2007

I Like Smallville's New Directorial Style

When "Smallville" first came out, I couldn't get enough. Then I got busy, and couldn't find time to watch it. When I caught a few recent episodes last year, they seemed corny. Kind of like those Batman movies in between "Batman Returns" and "Batman Begins." I thought, "I guess 'Smallville' just can't compete with 'Heroes.'" But now it's back!

Somehow, for some reason, the direction on the show seems different. Before, they'd use dialogue to push the story forward. Now they use silence, with stunning visuals. It's awesome. The show is now saying even more, and in an eloquent way, than it ever did when it was overly wordy. I like it a lot.

One of the recent "new" types of scenes that stuck out for me was Lana's reunion with Clark. They didn't say a word to each other. They just looked at one another and embraced. It was great.

I hope they stick with this new style for a long time.

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: