The Lint In The Dryer Comes From Somewhere ~ Random Waves of Insight
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Lint In The Dryer Comes From Somewhere



Recently I had a revelation that was both startling and trivial. At one point in the past, I had purchased two complete, identical sets of towels. Each set contained 1 large bath towel, one small face/hand towel, and one washcloth. I began using Set 1 and put Set 2 aside.

Now, months later, I just recently brought Set 2 out of storage. I compared the sets. Set 2 is definitely fuller, thicker, softer, and overall more inviting. Set 1 is still mostly clean-looking, but is definitely thinner. They were both the same to begin with. But now the set I haven't been using seems awesome compared to its twin. Why is this?

As cloth items are used, they slowly lose small pieces of themselves. I now remember that just after I had bought the towels, the set I was using seemed to be "shedding." I guess it never stopped.

Never before have I considered the implications of lint. I thought it was a trivial matter of trivial buildup that never amounted to anything. Now I see that months of "lint loss" can lead to a thinness in towels and garments, and an overall loss of the plush feeling. And I like the plush feeling! Makes me feel rich...

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: