Old Show: That's My Bush ~ Random Waves of Insight
Have Posts Sent To Your Inbox!
Enter your email address:

Monday, March 10, 2008

Old Show: That's My Bush

I never watched "That's My Bush" for more than a few minutes at a time, and those times were limited in number to 2 or 3. It didn't seem that entertaining. But it's interesting to reflect on the show for a couple of reasons.

First off, it was made by the "South Park" guys, and I'm a bigger fan of them now than I was then. Second, the show didn't really slam the prez, but rather sitcoms in general. And third, the show was canceled before 9/11.

Post 9/11, the country became ultra-patriotic, and political criticism became uncool.

Post-post 9/11, during the Iraq War Era, political criticism regained its coolness, and "Little Bush" filled the political satire vacuum on Comedy Central.

It's interesting to listen to the theme from "That's My Bush," especially since the very first few notes sound a tiny bit like "If I Only Had A Brain."

If you enjoyed this post, please think about becoming a subscriber to my RSS feed.

No comments: